River Run Colorado will be located in the heart of beautiful western Colorado. Scenic drives on excellent roads will take you east to Glenwood Springs — and its famous hot springs – and beyond to the world-famous ski/resort towns of Aspen and Vail; or west to Rifle and its mountain parks, the wineries and orchards in Palisade and the majestic Colorado National Monument near Grand Junction. The number of activities and attractions within easy driving distance of River Run is almost endless. There is truly something for everyone of every age, interest and activity level.
You will enjoy spectacular views of the beautiful Roan Plateau, the Mamm Peaks and Battlement Mesa with the ability to stroll along the banks of the Colorado River and watch for bald eagles, cast a line for trout or enjoy a tubing experience.
A two-minute drive from River Run Colorado brings you to the old west town of Silt, where you can visit its historical park showing the homes and household furnishings, businesses, a school and see what life was like for the miners and farmers of the Silt area in the early 1900’s.
Just up the road is the popular Harvey Gap Reservoir, and beyond that access to the Flat Tops Wilderness, with excellent hunting and fishing.
Drive east and you can visit Glenwood Springs, Aspen or Vail. Drive west and you can visit the town of Rifle and its incredible parks. Drive a little further west and you can enjoy the wineries and orchards in Palisade and the majestic Colorado National Monument.
Denver – 180 miles, 3 hours; Grand Junction – 70 miles, 1 hour; Glenwood Springs – 20 miles, 20 minutes; Rifle – 8 miles, 10 minutes. Airports with public service are located in Grand Junction, Eagle and Aspen.
What follows is a partial listing of activities and attractions arranged by location.
- Glenwood Hot Springs Pool: There really is something in the water — fifteen minerals that do a body good, and that hasn’t changed since 1888. www.hotspringspool.com/swim
- Iron Mountain Hot Springs — http://www.ironmountainhotsprings.com
- Glenwood Caverns Adventure Park: Mountaintop theme park with an alpine coaster, a zip line, cave tours, canyon swing, alpine slide and a variety of other rides and family activities. www.glenwoodcaverns.com
- Glenwood Adventure Company: Whitewater rafting, horseback riding, bike rentals, off-road tours and more. www.glenwoodadventure.com
- Ironbridge Golf Club: www.ironbridgeclub.com
- Glenwood Vaudeville Review: www.gvrshow.com
- Lakota Canyon Ranch and Golf Club — an 18-hole championship golf course designed by James Engh.
- Rifle Gap Reservoir State Park: Centered around a clear 350-acre reservoir that provides boating, fishing, swimming, water-skiing and windsurfing. https://www.uncovercolorado.com/state-parks/rifle-gap/
- Rifle Mountain Park: Offers the best limestone sport climbing in North America. https://www.rifleco.org/91/Rifle-Mountain-Park
- Rifle Falls State Park: Features a spectacular triple 70-foot waterfall. cpw.state.co.us/placestogo/parks/RifleFalls
Excellent wineries offering tours and tastings, plus orchards galore — a beautiful place to bike.
COLORADO NATIONAL MONUMENT
Preserves one of the grand landscapes of the American West.